Wife. Mother. Storyteller.
Hello! I’m Marybeth- your quirky, kinda simple, always giggling at something photographer who is incredibly passionate about documenting the everyday lives of beautiful people like YOU.
Simply put, I love love. My husband and I have a beautiful story, and I’ll tell you sometime if you ask! But I will say, when he asked me to marry him on our second date, it was a no-brainer… and the only regret we have ever had in the past 8+ years since we said “I will” is that we didn’t get married sooner! 😉 We had our first daughter Nadia within our first year of marriage, and our second sweetheart Natasha was born 7.5 years after that. I’m obsessed with my life and the people I get to share it with, and I try to tap into that feeling of love and connection every time I pick up my camera to document yours.
My Photography Journey
As a child, one of my favorite things EVER was finishing off a roll of 35 mm film that found its home in an old, brown, point & shoot camera that I loved and treated like professional gear. 😉 Naturally, there was much excitement when I’d get the finished prints back from the drugstore (2 weeks later!) and get to relive so many memories that I documented of my two sisters, our incredible parents, and all my stuffed friends. Being home with my family was everything to me then, and it still is now.
However, I didn’t seriously begin my photography journey until I was in my very early 20s. I was working as a dental hygienist fresh out of college, but I knew early on that I wanted to really learn all there was to know about photography. So I worked my day job, brought home enough money to buy myself my first DSLR, and I enrolled in the New York Institute of Photography online school. Years later, I am even more in love with this art form than when I initially heard the beautiful purr of the shutter on my first DSLR. I still take yearly workshops online to learn and grow because I believe in lifelong education. I’m forever a light chaser, film lover, and storyteller. And it brings me immense happiness to know that I am currently in the middle of what was once just a dream.
Quite honestly, everything you’ll ever need to know about me can be found here on my not-so-personal Instagram: @marybethhancher and on my website: marybethhancher.com so I hope you’ll follow along! (I dare you to find my IG post where I tell the story about the day my husband cut my hair into a mullet…. LOL!!)
A few of my favorites…
MORE FUN FACTS ABOUT ME
- I’m an INFJ + a Type 4 on the enneagram. Feel free to draw whatever conclusion you’d like about me using that information.
- I’ve watched The Office like 52,927 times, and it was never gotten old. Ever.
- Other favorite shows include: Parenthood, New Girl, Gilmore Girls, Parks & Recreation… and plenty more.
- My favorite music artist is John Mayer, and his song “Gravity” can bring me to tears at any given moment… Seriously. So stinkin’ good.
- I overuse emoticons online, and I’m not at all sorry about it. You’ll get used to it. 😉
- My Starbucks drink of choice is a French Vanilla Frappuccino with whipped cream. If I’m paying for coffee outside of the usual black cup I drink every morning at home then I’m doing it right, baby.
- My girls have the exact same initials, so monograms totally won’t work in our family. (Maybe we could use NNH1 & NNH2??)
Thanks for reading a little about me, and I hope I get to know you in time, too!